Kat's Books

Photographer, book reviewer, mama, cat-lover in Seattle. Originally from England. I'm usually busy taking cat photos or reading books. I put my reviews up on Goodreads, Amazon, and Edelweiss+. I have MS so I'm tired a lot but it's a good excuse to lie down and read!

Links: linktr.ee/romans_mama

Review requests ~ scriptkat@hotmail.com

kamoorephoto
515

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Professional Reader

2019 Reading Challenge

2019 Reading Challenge
Katherine has read 0 books toward her goal of 104 books.
hide

I highly recommend listening to the audio for this brilliant piece of sci-fi in an unusual format

Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

There are just so many reviews for Illuminae so I don’t have anything too revelatory to say, but the true reason for my enjoying it so much this time, is that while reading it, mostly on and off, I listened to the AUDIOBOOK. I think this is almost required for at least one of your experiences with this amazing book (as well as Gemina and Obsidio; I have the audiobooks lined up for those too).
The format of all the different kinds of writing that come in the hefty books that are the Illuminae Files, lend themselves so well to audio and the story just comes alive. The different voices of the cast separate the multiple ‘files’ and it makes the whole thing a living, breathing set of documents, rather than even a book. Aidan, Ezra, and Kady’s voices stick with you and make this whole journey and experience something completely transcendent. While Jay and Amie didn’t write this with audio in mind, they unwittingly created both a written and aural masterpiece.