Kat's Books

Photographer, book reviewer, mama, cat-lover in Seattle. Originally from England. I'm usually busy taking cat photos at a cat rescue or reading books...

I put my reviews up on Goodreads, Amazon, and Edelweiss+. I have MS so I'm tired a lot but it's a good excuse to have a lie-down and read! My Litsy handle is kamoorephoto

Contact ~ scriptkat@hotmail.com

Progress: 150/432 pages
Professional Reader

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Katherine has read 36 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

A one-of-a-kind thriller; can't wait to see what comes from this author next

The Chalk Man - C.J. Tudor

As soon as I was able to read 'The Chalk Man', I raced through it, and especially so, to give recommendations in time for all my book friends to make their 'Book of The Month' picks. It wasn't hard to force me because as soon as I started reading, I was captivated by the tale of a group of young English boys (and girl), back in 1986, and then, their lives three decades later in 2016.

The story centers around Eddie who is still trying to put a difficult past behind him, a past that involves the group finding a dismembered body in the woods. Cut to the present day, and the group of friends all get the same mysterious message in the mail, and one of them turns up dead. And what about the mysterious chalk figure code?
*I actually found some amusement reading the story as I'm the same age as the protagonist Eddie, and being from England, found it fun to read little things like the kids going to spend their money at the corner shop (note: some lingo might get missed by some American readers).

I personally found this novel to be one of a kind, and because I got to read it in 2017, it was actually one of my favorites of the year. Start your 2018 with it, and I expect this will be one of those books that will stay the course of books (and authors) that people will still be talking about at year's-end. I can't wait to see what C.J.Tudor writes next!