Kat's Books

Photographer, book reviewer, mama, cat-lover in Seattle. Originally from England. I'm usually busy taking cat photos or reading books. I put my reviews up on Goodreads, Amazon, and Edelweiss+. I have MS so I'm tired a lot but it's a good excuse to lie down and read!

Links: linktr.ee/romans_mama

Review requests ~ scriptkat@hotmail.com

kamoorephoto
363

The Waning Age
S.E. Grove
The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister's Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine
Lindsey Fitzharris
Professional Reader

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Katherine has read 36 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Great debut novel, and gripping thriller

The Chalk Man - C.J. Tudor

*I'm finishing this at 3am in the morning after reading nearly all of the book today (will update review without spoilers soon!); I wanted to make sure I could recommend it to those of you pondering it for Book of The Month! I say go for it! Such a great read. Go to join BOTM here, if you haven't yet...

- I enjoyed this book from the get-go; it’s a thriller set in England with dual timelines, one in 1986, one in 2016, and the main character happens to be the same age as me (pretty fun for this Brit). The twists and turns, the characters, all the details, everything is so tantalizing to read, it’s amazing that this is a debut. Solid pick!