Kat's Books

Photographer, book reviewer, mama, cat-lover in Seattle. Originally from England. I'm usually busy taking cat photos or reading books. I put my reviews up on Goodreads, Amazon, and Edelweiss+. I have MS so I'm tired a lot but it's a good excuse to lie down and read!

Links: linktr.ee/romans_mama

Review requests ~ scriptkat@hotmail.com

kamoorephoto
363

The Waning Age
S.E. Grove
The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister's Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine
Lindsey Fitzharris
Professional Reader

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Katherine has read 36 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide
SPOILER ALERT!

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - Mackenzi Lee, Christian Coulson I think this may have been the first book I have ever pre-ordered online...I'm so glad I did! After reading rave reviews about its upcoming release and looking for a book while enjoying 'My Lady Jane' (which I loved too), I came across this. It didn't disappoint! Mackenzi has written a wonderful adventure with these three fabulous characters, with Monty as our protagonist, and you can't help but fall in love with him, even with all his boyish flaws and devilish charms. The 'tour' they take through Europe is much more interesting than the one I took in my year off I had between HS in England, and Uni in London, but I loved being taken through the rich tapestry of the cities of Paris, Venice, Barcelona, etc. It was luscious and vivid. You can feel how complicated it is for these characters to navigate their feelings for each other, and it's constantly complicated by this journey as well as the time that they are in. There's so much going on in this tale, and as a reader, I felt connected to this trio, hoping that things would work out, but also constantly was enjoying each mishap and crazy juncture they came across.
This was one enjoyable romp and fun read and now I really want to know if Monty and Percy 'make it after all'!