Kat's Books

Photographer, book reviewer, mama, cat-lover in Seattle. Originally from England. I'm usually busy taking cat photos or reading books. I put my reviews up on Goodreads, Amazon, and Edelweiss+. I have MS so I'm tired a lot but it's a good excuse to lie down and read!

Links: linktr.ee/romans_mama

Review requests ~ scriptkat@hotmail.com

kamoorephoto
363

The Waning Age
S.E. Grove
The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister's Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine
Lindsey Fitzharris
Professional Reader

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Katherine has read 36 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Final Girls

Final Girls - Riley Sager I could barely put this book down! I had it for about 2 weeks before I dare read it (it's not my usual read; I'm a bit of a chicken), and it was a final book on my summer reading bingo for the library. That said, I was actually looking forward to it, despite my procrastination. The cover alone drew me in.
Every time I thought I got things figured out, I was wrong, and the plot moved in another direction. Turns out even when some of the plot was how I thought it might be, there was something about it that was totally original and exciting for me. Sometimes I felt irritated by the characters' choices and that was fine; I was right to be...! The writing style was fluid and even with the jumps back to the past (they were done in a coherent manner), I enjoyed Riley's writing. I think I expected the book to be different somehow than it actually was, but nonetheless, thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to another book from her!